"I learned it's not about you. You gotta take your ego out of it and think what's best for this child. And you care about them enough to help them transition to what comes next and what's best." ~ Renatta M. Cooper Program Specialist @ LA County Chief Administrative Office "A lot of this work I feel is equity work." ~ Renatta M. Cooper Laureate Education, Inc. (2010). The passion for early childhood. Baltimore: Author.
Elsie's Comments: As an educator when prepping myself for this field I was always told that you have to have passion. You are putting your heart into this field because you are working with children, families, and everyone who is involved in this little ones life. The work I am doing is like a ripple effect. As Renatta states the work we do is about equity. It the time we give to each child based on their specific need. Something I always tell the teachers I work with, you may not want to complete certain tasks but who are you hurting in the long run? Yourself or your students. So you did not want to complete a child's assessments because you weren't getting paid enough... and now that another activity is coming up you now don't know what level the child is on, you don't know what next steps you need to take to help that child's development. Does this effect you? no... it effects the proper development of that child.
Comments
Post a Comment